- A specific polling place must be designated at each school site.
- Campaign materials are not allowed in or near polling area. Campaign materials can not be distributed with the ballot.
- Campaign materials can be distributed during breaks, before reporting time, and after instructional time is completed for the day.
- Intra-District mail can not be used to send campaign materials.
- Campaign materials can not imply AEEA recommendation or make it appear as such. AEEA does not endorse any specific candidate during its own elections. AEEA letterhead or logos can not be used on campaign material.
- Receipts for campaign materials must be submitted to the Elections Chair within 7 days of the election results.
- No current candidate may handle ballots during the election in which they are running for office. If the candidate is a Site Rep, then an alternate must be selected by the school’s AEEA members to conduct the election.
- A Site Rep must hand distribute the ballot and get the member’s signature.
- Voter’s intention must be clear or the ballot will be set aside as invalid.
- The number of member ballots at a particular school site may not exceed the number of member signatures from that site.
- Ballots received after the posted election deadline will not be counted.
- Bullying, intimidation, and/or harassment of voting members should be reported to AEEA leadership immediately. It will not be allowed and will be investigated.
- Failure to follow these election guidelines and procedures may be grounds for a Challenge to the election and investigation by the Elections Committee.
17-18 Contract Ratification
The 17/18 tentative agreements have been ratified by the association. At the Sept. 12 AESD School Board meeting, the contract was approved. You can expect your 3% off-schedule payout on your October 31, 2018 paycheck.